On today’s show, I discuss set on hand saws, auger bits for softwoods and hardwoods, spring pole lathes, shopping for used tools, and staying motivated to work in the shop.
From the Shop
- I spent the last couple of weeks just about exclusively working on the new log cabin.
No new supporters this week, but thanks to Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, and Jeff Skiles for your continued support on Patreon.
- Mark Williams had some feedback on Sean’s problem with drilling end grain from episode 5.
- Jonathon Jongsma sent in some feedback on working with kids in the shop.
- Anonymous wants some tips on using a saw with no set.
- Jacob asks about different auger bits for hardwoods and softwoods.
- Jamie is looking for more information about building and using a spring pole lathe.
- Chris wants to hear some tips on shopping for old tools.
Today’s main topic features your tips for getting and staying motivated in the shop.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, you can leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123. You can also use the contact form or email address on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you have multiple options for doing so. You can become a supporter on Patreon, you can make a one time donation through Paypal, and you can shop with one of our affiliates. You’ll find links for all of these options on the Support page.