On today’s show, I discuss planing the end grain of a thick board at an angle, Auriou carving tools, making a frame for a glass panel, fixing miscut mortise and tenon joints, and the dos and don’ts of teaching woodworking classes.
From the Shop
- I have started on some new hand saws that I’m going to be putting up for sale in my online store once they’re done.
- I’m in the planning stages for some wooden Lord of the Rings/Hobbit swords requested by my daughters.
No new Patrons this week. Thanks to William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, and Jeff Skiles for your continued support on Patreon.
- No feedback this week.
- Ed wants to know how to plane the end grain of a thick board at an angle.
- After listening to my recommendations in Episode 7, Chris has a question about carving tools.
- Jason wants to know how to use through rabbets in a frame to house a mirror without the rabbet showing through the end grain. I referenced this video:
- Thomas needs to know how to correct over cutting a mortise or a tenon.
Today’s main topic is dos and don’ts for teaching woodworking classes.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, you can leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or send a voice note recorded on your phone to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you have multiple options for doing so. You can become a supporter on Patreon, you can make a one time donation through Paypal, and you can shop with one of our affiliates. You’ll find links for all of these options on the Support page.