On today’s show, I discuss outdoor finishes, auger bit lead screws, re-sawing by hand, more on hand tool storage, and using hide glue.
From the Shop
- Work continues on the four joinery saws I started a couple of weeks ago.
No new Patrons this week. Thanks to Chris Barnes for sending in a one time donation. Thanks to William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, and Jeff Skiles for your continued support on Patreon.
- No feedback this week.
- Ed wants to know what the best outdoor finish is.
- Brian has a question about irreparable auger bit lead screws.
- Jonathon has a question about re-sawing by hand. I referenced this video:
- Chris wants to know what hand saws I limit myself to. I referenced this series of blog posts:
Today’s main topic is using hide glue. I referenced the following two videos:
The rub joint is explained in the following video starting at approximately 17:06.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, you can leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or send a voice note recorded on your phone to email@example.com. You can also use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.