On today’s show, I discuss jointer and planer size, fixing problem with old saw handles, methods for cutting down an old saw, restoring wooden bench planes, and making your own tools.
From the Shop
- One of the hand saws that I’ve been working on has been finished and is ready for delivery to the customer.
- We made a bit more progress on our new cabin.
Thanks to Jens Rosendahl for signing up to be a Patron, and thanks to Joe Deslauriers, William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, and Jeff Skiles for your continued support on Patreon.
- No feedback this week.
- Joe wants to know what size machines would be most useful for stock prep in a hand tool shop.
- Shaun has some questions about restoring an old hand saw.
- Scott is looking for clarification on methods for cutting down old saws.
- Bill is restoring some old wooden bench planes and wants to know about mouth opeinings.
Today’s main topic is making your own woodworking hand tools.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, you can leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or send a voice note recorded on your phone to email@example.com. You can also use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.