On today’s show, I discuss smoothing end grain to long grain transitions, more on in-cannel gouges, rust control in humid shops, working end grain with hand tools, and getting started with green woodworking.
From the Shop
- Work continues on the log cabin so I’ve gotten no shop time over the last few weeks.
Thanks to Jared Tohlen for signing up to be a Patron, and thanks to Joe Deslauriers, William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, Jeff Skiles, Jens Rosendahl, and Matt McGrane for your continued support on Patreon.
- Greg had some feedback on his sawhorse (or rather saw bench) based portable workbench.
- Dr. Nono wants to know how to level and control the finish color of end grain to long grain transitions.
- Sam wants to know more about in-cannel gouges and what applications they are most useful for.
- Alex has a basement shop in a humid climate and wants to know about rust control.
- Jared is struggling with working on end grain.
Today’s main topic is getting started with green woodworking.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, send a voice note recorded on your phone to email@example.com. You can also leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.