On today’s show, I discuss removing paint splatters from saw handles, adding bolsters to shop made chisels, boiling your own linseed oil, high bevel angle blades in low bed angle planes, making serpentine front drawers, and sharpening cambered blades.
From the Shop
- Work continues on the log cabin so I’ve gotten no shop time over the last few weeks.
- Replacing a septic line.
Thanks to for signing up to be a Patron, and thanks to Joe Deslauriers, William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, Jeff Skiles, Jens Rosendahl, Matt McGrane, and Jared Tohlen for your continued support on Patreon.
- No feedback this week.
- Andrew wants to know how to remove paint splatters from an old hand saw handle.
- Roccaways has some bolsterless chisels that are splitting their handles and wants to know how to fix the problem.
- Dr. Nono is looking for information about making his own boiled linseed oil.
- Paul wants to know if high bevel angle blades in a low angle jack plane will work as well as a dedicated high angle plane for controlling tearout.
- Scott needs to build some serpentine front drawers using only hand tools.
- Rick is looking for advice on sharpening heavily cambered plane irons.
Today’s show was just questions!
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, send a voice note recorded on your phone to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.