On today’s show, I discuss sharpening angles, straightening a kinked hand saw, making large mortises for workbench legs, and getting started with molding planes.
From the Shop
- Finally got a little bit of shop time to finish up some saws I started last year.
- Rough electrical and rough plumbing inspections passed on the cabin.
- Getting ready to build a hickory staircase.
Thanks to Christopher Bush and Lance Stuchell for signing up to become Patrons, and thanks to Joe Deslauriers, William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, Jeff Skiles, Jens Rosendahl, Matt McGrane, Jared Tohlen, and Chris Barnes for your continued support on Patreon.
- No feedback.
- Bill wants to know about strategies for sharpening angles.
- Matt needs to straighten out a kink in the middle of a hand saw.
- Bill is looking for the best way to make the large mortises in the legs of a workbench.
Today’s main topic is getting started with molding planes (check out Matt Bickford’s excellent FAQ and blog for lots of great information on this topic, msbickford.com).
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, send a voice note recorded on your phone to email@example.com. You can also leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.