On today’s show, I discuss working plywood with hand tools, making moldings with combination planes, strategies for working really hard woods with hand tools, getting started on a budget, and using screws in woodworking.
From the Shop
- I started a new project but don’t want to say too much about it yet.
- We installed the lower flight of stairs in the cabin.
- I’ve been posting cabin progress pictures on Instagram
Thanks to Steven Danenman, Kyle Groff, and Cupressus Serotina for signing up to become Patrons, and thanks to Joe Deslauriers, William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, Jeff Skiles, Jens Rosendahl, Matt McGrane, Jared Tohlen, Chris Barnes, Christopher Bush, Lance Stuchell, and John Schuster for your continued support on Patreon.
- No feedback.
- Tom is unsure how to go about making a mortise in plywood with hand tools.
- Scott is looking for thoughts on making moldings with a combination plane.
- Andy wants some suggestions on strategies for working kiln dried white oak with hand tools.
- Ola is new to woodworking and needs to get started on a budget.
Today’s main topic was suggested by patron Bill Elliott. Bill wants to know about strategies on the use of wood screws.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, send a voice note recorded on your phone to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.