On today’s show, I discuss workbench vises, four squaring lumber with hand planes, insulating basement walls, preventing sagging bookshelves, and shooting boards and planes.
Thanks to Joe Deslauriers, William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, Jeff Skiles, Matt McGrane, Jared Tohlen, Chris Barnes, Lance Stuchell, John Schuster, Steven Danenman, Kyle Groff, Jeff Mertz, Paul Joynes, Christopher Steenbock, Ethan Sincox, Michael Davis-Cheshire, Hernán Coronel, Jeremy Turner, Zayd Zaytoon, Hugo Baillargeon, Scott Runnels, Cameron Broome, Ted St. John, Dave Challis, John Baird, Jason Zvokel, Jay Derenthal, Sebastian Beckmann, Reagan Herman, Thomas Feller, Roberto Holguin, Alex Young, Rob Bennett, Matthew Pascoe, Tim Morris, Gray Keene, Rob Switzer, Mike Holzhauer, John Gargano, Lawrence Schlack, “Karma”, and Gary Wiskofske for your support on Patreon.
- Gary has some feedback on stand-alone workshops.
- Rob has feedback on the podcast’s intro music.
- Jeremy has some workbench vise questions.
- Ben has some questions on four-squaring stock with hand planes and cutting joinery.
- Hugo has a question on insulating cold basement walls.
- Dave needs to know how to prevent sagging shelves on a bookcase.
Today’s main topic is all about shooting boards.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, send a voice note recorded on your phone to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.