Pay What You Can
This class is offered on a Pay What You Can basis. There is no obligation to donate. You may register and view all of the content from the class free of charge. However, if you find these videos valuable and entertaining and you would like to see more classes like this offered, please consider donating to help support these efforts. Any and all support is greatly appreciated.
There are a lot of different styles of workbenches used for woodworking. None of them is perfect. Every design has its pros and cons. I tend to be more of the opinion that a workbench is a place to do work. In my eyes, a workbench doesn’t need to be an expensive alter for the hand tool gods, or a flashy showpiece that I’ll be afraid to scratch. So I designed and built this workbench to handle all of the hard work that I ask a workbench to do, but also so that I wouldn’t mind when it inevitably gets glue or stain on it, when it gets cut by a saw or chisel, or when it gets banged and dented by a dropped tool or project part. This workbench is designed to work. Nothing more.
What You’ll Get
- A Sketchup file of the project.
- Over 2 hours of detailed video instruction showing you how to build the project.
- How to design a workbench for your body and the work that you do
- How to build a solid workbench base that won’t rack or wobble
- How to make a workbench top that is rigid and flat
- Options for vises and workholding
- Revisiting the workbench after 1-year of use to see how it’s been holding up
- Lessons 6
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Hours 2 Minutes
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 91
- Assessments Yes