On today’s show, I discuss hiding grooves in dovetailed drawers, building a period style overlay drawer with a thumbnail molding, black stains on wood, modifying basic joinery for special situations, and starting out with hand tools on a limited budget.
From the Shop
- I’m working on a reproduction candle box for a new class that I’m teaching this summer.
- We made some minor progress on the log cabin.
Thanks to Bill Warnock for signing up to support the show over at Patreon.
- Jonathon commented that the volume level of episode 1 seemed a bit low. So I’d appreciate it if you all let me know if things improve with this week’s show.
- Scott wants to know how to layout the groove in a drawer to house the drawer bottom.
- Bill wants to know how to build a period style overlay drawer with a thumbnail molding.
- John is interested in how woods react with each other and with tools.
- Marc wants to know how and when to modify basic joinery.
Today’s main topic is ten tips for starting out with hand tools on a budget.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, you can use the contact form or email address on the Contact page. You can also leave me a voicemail at (276) 601-3123.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.