On today’s show, I discuss planing the edges of thin stock, dado planes, replacing the blade and chipbreaker in a transitional plane, woods, glues and finishes for outdoor projects, and dealing with wood movement woes.
Thanks to Joe Deslauriers, William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, Jeff Skiles, Matt McGrane, Jared Tohlen, Chris Barnes, Lance Stuchell, John Schuster, Steven Danenman, Kyle Groff, Jeff Mertz, Alex Young, Paul Joynes, Christopher Steenbock, Ethan Sincox, Michael Davis-Cheshire, Hernán Coronel, Jeremy Turner, Zayd Zaytoon, Hugo Baillargeon, Scott Runnels, Mark Benson, Cameron Broome, Ted St. John, Dave Challis and Dave Nonomura for your support on Patreon.
- No feedback.
- Rowland wants to know how to plane the edges of long thin stock and keep them square.
- Hugo wants to know about dado planes.
- Ben needs to replace the iron in a transitional plane.
- Matt needs some advice about building an outdoor bench.
- Dave & Scott have some questions about wood movement that are causing them grief.
No main topic today, just listener questions.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, send a voice note recorded on your phone to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.