HTT029 – Revisiting Old Projects
On today’s show, I discuss pins first dovetail layout, fishtail chisels, setting up a toothing plane, miter boxes, beginner projects, and lessons learned from revisiting old projects.
Thanks to Joe Deslauriers, William Elliott, Arkadiusz Cwikowski, Bill Warnock, Krister K., Lawrence Pylinski, Jeff Skiles, Matt McGrane, Jared Tohlen, Chris Barnes, Lance Stuchell, John Schuster, Steven Danenman, Kyle Groff, Jeff Mertz, Alex Young, Paul Joynes, Christopher Steenbock, Ethan Sincox, Michael Davis-Cheshire, Hernán Coronel, Jeremy Turner, Zayd Zaytoon, Hugo Baillargeon, Scott Runnels, Mark Benson, Cameron Broome, Ted St. John, Dave Challis and Dave Nonomura for your support on Patreon.
- Dom had some feedback on modern makers of dado planes.
- Alex wants some information on laying out dovetails pins first, and the usefulness of fishtail chisels.
- David is having trouble setting up a new (to him) toothing plane.
- Hugo wants to know what to look for in a miter box.
- Joe is looking for ideas for his first ever hand tool project.
Today’s main topic is lessons that I learned by revisiting old projects.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, send a voice note recorded on your phone to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123 or use the contact form on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.