On today’s show, I discuss scraping chisels, drawer slips, bits for boring into end grain, starting the cut with a hand saw, and working with kids in the shop.
From the Shop
- Nothing new has gone on in the shop since I finished the candle box.
- I’m asking for some listener participation for the next episode of the podcast. Leave me a voicemail or send me a voice memo and tell me how you get motivated to get back out into the shop when you’re in a bit of a slump.
Thanks to Arkadiusz Cwikowski for signing up to support the show over at Patreon.
- Andy Margeson posted a really nice write-up on the most recent episode of the podcast over on his blog Oregon Woodworker.
- Krister is curious about using a chisel as a scraper.
- Doug wants to know about using drawer slips.
- Shaun is looking for bits for boring into end grain. I referenced my article on sharpening auger bits.
- Paul is looking for tips on starting the cut with a hand saw.
Today, my two daughters join me for a discussion on working in the shop with kids.
Feedback, Questions or Topic Suggestions?
If you’d like to submit something for the show, you can leave a voicemail at (276) 601-3123. You can also use the contact form or email address on the Contact page.
How to Support the Show
If you’d like to support the show, you can do so by visiting the Support page.